Sunday, December 8, 2013

7th Day

Three days left of my challenge and I'm starting to get tired for following reasons: 1) doing a thing that I'm not used to; 2) busy studying for final exams; and 3) running out of ideas. Menus I chose before were things I wanted to try before I started this challenge. Now I don't know what to try. I'm looking at various recipes on the internet but they all seem difficult. I realized that it takes about twice for me to make a dish than it is written on the recipe. I'm also not well-equipped. For instance, my pen is small and I don't have enough spices. Yet still, I have to finish what I started.

Today's menu:

Korean Mixed Rice with Sashimi (Hwe Dub Bap)


Total Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs sushi-grade fish, cut into 1/2 in. X 1 in. pieces 
  • 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
  • 1 small cucumber, sliced thinly
  • 1 Asian pear, sliced thinly
  • 1 small carrot, julienned
  • 7 or 8 perilla leaves, sliced thinly
  • 5 cups cooked rice
  • 1 cup cho kochujang 
  • thin slices of roasted seaweed, for garnish (optional)
  • sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)

Preparation:

  1. Divide rice into 4 bowls.
  2. Arrange vegetables, raw fish, and sliced pear on top of rice.
  3. If using garnish, dust with sesame seeds and/or sliced seaweed.
  4. Serve with small bowl of cho kochujang on the side.
It took me longer to get all the ingredients while preparing actually took less than 15 minutes; I think it was less than 10. It was probably the easiest menu, except for the toast, that I tried for my challenge. All I had to do is get the ingredients and mix them in a bowl. I didn't make it exactly as the recipe indicates. I skipped few stuff such as garnish. I got the sushi from nearby sushi restaurant. This dish is one of my favorites but I never tried to make it at home. It was good. I think I would occasionally make it even after when my 10-days challenge ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment