Monday, December 2, 2013

1st Day

I've been doing a challenge of my own for past few days- cooking. I never really tried to cook in my life. I had many excuses such as: no time, no skill, and no interest. However, while wondering what kind of challenge I should choose, I noticed that may be I'm just afraid of trying something new. Of course, I will fail at my first try but what will I lose from it, except ruining some groceries I bought. So I just thought that I will give it a shot!!

The first thing I did on my first day of 10-Day Challenge is 'shopping'.

To be honest, I never considered buying groceries as something a person needs an energy and knowledge for. My mother used to ask me to go buy some milk or something when we were out of stock. It was easy. All I had to do is go and come back with the thing I was asked to buy. Yet, the reason I had no trouble of doing that was the fact that I was 'told' to buy a specific thing. When I went to E-MART to buy things for my first challenge, I realized that I had no idea what I needed for cooking. I really started the whole 'cooking challenge' without a plan. I simply thought that I will buy food, go back home, and start cooking. It was only when I got to the store that I realized that I needed recipe. With my zero-knowledge of cooking, standing there was like being in the midst of foreigners whose language I don't understand.

As a result, I failed to buy any cooking materials because I didn't even have decided what to try.  Thus, instead I bought some usually stuff like noodles, juice, can food, and etc.(things that one doesn't need to actually 'cook') Although I have failed, I will try again next time, tomorrow. On my second attempt, I will be more prepared and I will have a plan made; no more mistakes, I hope.