Friday, December 6, 2013

5th Day

Fortunately, the presentation I prepared went great and I finished other assignments early today which means i have time for my '10-Day Challenge'.

Korean Pan-Fried Fish (Saeng Sun Jun) Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb white fish fillets, rinsed and patted dry
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 3 Tbsp flour
  • 2 eggs

Expected Total Time: 15 minutes

Preparation:

  1. Salt fish on all sides.
  2. Beat eggs with any remaining salt in a bowl.
  3. Put flour in a bowl next to egg next to stove.
  4. Heat up lightly greased pan over medium heat.
  5. Dip each fish piece into flour to coat, dip into egg mixture, and place in frying pan.
  6. Fry fish for 2-3 minutes and then flip over to finish for another 1-2 minutes, or until the batter becomes a light yellow. Try not to overcook, as the fish will become dry.
Korean Pan-Fried Fish (Saeng Sun Jun) Recipe

First problem I had was with the fish itself. It had too much water. I bought the frozen ones at the market but as I defrost it on the microwave, it was wet. I wasn't sure if it was okay to proceed but I figured that it won't be a problem unless it was too watery. Hence, I went on. 

The result was okay except some were too salty and some were bland. I think when I salted them, I failed to do it evenly. I guess, I was too hasty. Next time I do it, I will take more time and be thorough.   

No comments:

Post a Comment