Wednesday, December 11, 2013

10th Day

Finally, my last day of challenge. I don't think that I will quit cooking just because my challenge is over. Now that I learned few things, I would probably cook now and then. The reason this challenge was 'challenging' is not just because I never cooked before but also because I had to do it every day. Some of the days were more tiresome than others. I also had few days that I didn't have an appetite. Yet despite all those facts, I managed to proceed with the challenge.

Since this is the last day, I thought I should do something different. Of course, the basic thing that I will cook doesn't change but I thought that instead of trying something new, I could try again what I failed before. So I tried Kimchi Fried Rice again. However, to make it more challenging, I tried to make side-dishes as well.

The upper-left side one is scrambled eggs mixed with tomato. My mother used to make that for me. I didn't know the exact recipe but I could guess. It seemed simple and it was simple. Just had to stir-fry the eggs and sherry tomato together. I added ketchup when eating it.

The upper-right side is tofu with a sauce that I don't know. I didn't make it. My boyfriend did. He is better at cooking than me. He is the one who usually cooks if we eat at home. He brought it for dinner today as I told him that I'm going to make kimchi fried rice. He congratulated me for finishing my challenge but I was determined to keep going with the cooking, though not everyday.

We had a wonderful dinner. He did the dishes and went home a while ago.

I think the challenge I proceeded past 10 days was very meaningful and fun. Now I have to concentrate on my finals but I'm planning on starting a new challenge after the exams, though I haven't decided what to do yet.   

No comments:

Post a Comment